Join me if you dare!

I am like a Janus face. On this page, I turn away the countenance of the historical novelist and expose the strange egocentric creature I call 'me.' It was time to separate the co-joined. I discovered that those who visited my blog for a glimpse of the personal Linda Root did not wish an encounter with the novelist, and the visitors who came hoping for a look at the First Marie or with intent to scale the wall of the abbey Saint Pierre les Dames for a glimpse of the Hidden Princess in my Midwife's Secret trilogy did not want to read about my childhood in Cleveland during WWII.

In a sense, what appears on this page will be a historical novel in the making--a collage of autobiographical pieces embellished with a sprinkle of whimsy, a touch of soul-searching and occasional doses of pain. We all see ourselves as through a mirror, a slightly different view that what outsiders see. I once was quoted as saying that 'too much introspection is not good for anyone.' Apparently I've changed my mind.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I am like a Janus face.  On this page, I turn away the countenance of the historical novelist and expose the face of the strange egocentric creature I call 'me.'  It was time to separate the co-joined.  I discovered that those who visited my blog for a glimpse of the person did not wish an encounter with the novelist, and the visitors who came for a look at  the First Marie or with intent to scale the wall of the abbey Saint Pierre les Dames for a glimpse of  the Hidden Princess in my l Midwife's Secret trilogy did not want to read about my childhood in Cleveland during WWII.

In a sense, what appears on this page will be a historical novel in the making--my autobiography embellished with a sprinkly of whimsy, a touch of soul-searching and occasional pain.  We all view ourselves as through a mirror, a slightly different view that what outsiders see.  Come along with me.  I once was quoted as saying that 'too much introspection is not good for anyone.' I've changed my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Because I was an actual NDE, earthling, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven's gonna be like for us: meet this ex-mortal Upstairs for the most-extra-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, 101101101...-yummy-flavors you DO NOT wanna miss the smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon

    ReplyDelete